Comprehensively finished travelling
First of all - congratulations Sue on finishing your comps! I'm sure they went well, and I hope that tomorrow morning you won't remember anything of tonight. Knowing our friends, I'm sure they won't have any problem helping you out in that department...
So I'm in Cambridge now. Still have to update the previous posts vis a vis Vienna, but I'll upload some pics from my Journey now.
Before I left Canada for multiple-months, of course, I had to have my last fill of Timmy's, a chocolate glazed donut (doughnut?), which I found very satisfying.

First of all... the plane:
I think it was a Boeing 777. Nine seats across in economy class. Of course, being British, British Airways doesn't call it "economy class." They call it "World Traveller."
They also have "Club World," featuring seats which almost fully recline, like so:
Having not travelled very much, I found this enormously impressive. Especially compared to my own seat in "World Traveller." I'm quite surprised I didn't develop blood clots, and actually was able to get a bit of sleep on the way.So, after finally getting through customs (and finding out my work permit still has problems - more on this later), I left for Cambridge right on schedule - 7 AM. Today was mostly signing forms, geting oriented, etc. However, the view from my office won't be that bad.
(And yes, that is a giant tent.)I realize this layout looks like crap - but I'm tired and really need to sleep. Maybe I'll reorganize it later.
Excelsior.


1 Comments:
would love to hear more about your travels and see more pictures :)
Post a Comment
<< Home